What is DevOps and Why Learn DevOps?
DevOps can be labeled as brothers in conflict or two faces of the same coin. It is the latest trend in software development, where programmers work in tandem with the operations team to make sure that the software program runs successfully with no glitches. Today, lots of software development teams are going the DevOps way, which is not only aiding organizations to handle the pressure to develop high-quality code but also helping them deliver faster.
According to Wikipedia, DevOps is a portmanteau of ‘development’ and ‘operations’ is a concept managing other points like software development, operations, and solutions. It highlights communication, collaboration, and integration between software developers and information technology (IT) operation employees. This 2019 Technical Skill Report explains the rise in demand for DevOps Certification.
Let us look at how Dev and Ops function:
- Continual Changes
- Include new attributes
- Constant Stability
- Create new solutions
In supplying useful software to consumers, usually, development and operations remain in conflict with each other. While development wants to deliver its modifications (for example, new functions) to clients promptly, operations want stability, which means not altering the manufacturing systems too often.
The gap between development and operations occurs on different levels:
- The remuneration void: Results of different goals of development and operations.
- The procedure gap: Results from different strategies of development and operations and how to handle the changes, bring them to production and maintain them there.
- The tools gap: Results from the truth that development, and operations, typically use their tools to do their job.
Therefore, growth and operations frequently act like silos, as they are 2 unique teams.
Development and Operations in Conflict
The dispute between development and operations is as follows:
- Need for Change: Development results in change(as an example, new attributes, bug repairs, etc). It desires the changes to promptly roll out to production.
- Fear for Change: Once the software program is delivered, the operations department avoids making changes to ensure the stability of the software.
Is DevOps the solution?
DevOps links software application development and operations. It also bridges the gap between agile software development and operations experiences. All specialists have at least a basic understanding of other business subjects.
Reasons to learn DevOps
DevOps has proved to be an efficient technique and helps in boosting business growth:
- Continuous software delivery
- Less complex problems to fix
- Faster resolution of problems
- Faster delivery of functions
- More stable operating environment
- More time available to add value (rather than fixing/maintain)
1. Operating Systems
- Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian).
- Unix (Solaris, AIX, HP/UX, etc.).
- Mac OS X
2. Infrastructure as Service
- Amazon Web Solutions
3. Virtualization Platforms
4. Containerization Equipment
5. Linux OS Installation
6. Configuration Management
7. Test and Build Solutions
Got an inquiry for us? Discuss them in the comments section and also we will certainly get back to you. If you wish to learn and enhance your knowledge in DevOps you’re in the right place. At ZaranTech we offer a self-paced online training program for DevOps.Also for more such informative and engaging blogs visit our website.